red bumps on inside of lip
Over the last couple of weeks, I developed a red bump on the inside of my lower lip, it is right near the mouth opening....It doesnt hurt or bother me, i just noticed it there. I had read something on the internet not too long ago that said red patches that dont go away can be cancer. It isnt a patch though, it is a bump, and there is a little red dot near it that isnt raised. I did a little research, and there is something else called perioral dermititis....could it be that? What do you think?
Help?
Without examination, it is difficult to confirm a diagnosis, but from your description it looks like a mucocele. It is a rubbery, bubblelike painles swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip, under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

Usually it goes away on its own. But if it does not, then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist. It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.