red bumps on leg

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red bumps on leg

About a week ago i slept with a girl (i wore a condom) and the next day i noticed 5 red bumps on the top of my leg(quad) and ive put neosporen on it and peroxide and that has just made it worse, two of the bumps look like zits and have a white head on them, im very concerned, if you have an email i can send photos for a better look. please help
It can be due to infected hair follicles causing folliculitis or boils. Use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case. Also if they are painful bumps that tingle and scab over then herpes sores is an important possibility.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.