DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
red bumps on lips/swollen and dry
by paanda2, May 23, 2009
for the past few days, my lips have been red, swollen, and with little red bumps on them. it's also around the corner of my lips on the left side. they are also dry and sometimes there's this pus that comes out (making my lips have this crust on them when i wake up). the only thing i can think of, because i don't think i'm allergic to anything or that it's herpes, is that i have been using a lot of a petrolatum ointment (aquaphor) because i recently moved back home for the summer (from school) and the apartment is a lot drier than the one that i lived in during school. could i have overdone the ointment?

what could this be? what should i do about this? i have an appointment with a dermatologist  in three weeks, but i want an answer before then, because this is a little unsightly and it sometimes hurts.

thanks!