red bumps on underside of penile shaft

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red bumps on underside of penile shaft

hey doctor, i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend about threee weeks ago and i realized about a week after that i had this red bump on the foreskin of my penis. I had no idea what it was but it never itched nor burned. After masterbating (masturbating) a couple of times i have more small red bumps on the underside of my penis. The only one that is raided is the one on the foreskin and the other small ones on the shaft have never itched, never burned, and i just need to know what it is because i am daily checking now and i am freaking out. please let me know!

This discussion is related to small red dots and rash on shaft of penis.
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub, folliculitis, cysts ,molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers