Dermatology Expert Forum
red bumps/spots on chest

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

red bumps/spots on chest
hello, thank you first for this forum.

in the last two days i have noticed a bunch of red bumps/spots (all pretty small) on my chest. as of right now they do not itch at all but it still puzzles me. i have had skin problems in the past... i cant remember the name but i had small blister like things on my hands and feet. mostly during the summertime. anyway, i figure it must be some form of folliculitis. any ideas?

thanks in advance.

m
This does sound like folliculitis.  For some reason I see more of this in winter than in warmer months.  For the most part treatment has little effect, and condition looks funny but is otherwise innoculous and takes its course.

I would therefore just wait it out.  If it spreads or becomes bothersome, you can look into it then.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
would you suggest any type of treatment?
I don't think anything helps very much.  You can try bacitracin ointment.  Just don't squeeze the spots.

Dr. Rockoff
Thanks again. The spots lasted just over a week and are pretty much gone now.

A related discussion, Red Skin Welt was started.
Mine are on my chest and on my back by the way im 14