Dermatology Expert Forum
red bumps that fade and come back

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

red bumps that fade and come back
I have had these small red bumps, that don't really itch on my chest, shoulders, lower neck and upper arms. They usually fade and come back, in the morning they are not their and then they appear and intensify as the day goes on. This lasted for about a month and then they dissapeared for about 3 months. Now they have been reapearing for the past week. I feel fine otherwise and have ruled out any allergic reactions. Any suggestions as to what might be causing them??
Shawn:

I'm not sure, but they don't sound very meaningful.  They're probably folliculitis (blocked pores.)  These come and go and don't amount to much.  They get redder if your body heats up, because that makes more blood flow to the skin.  Unless they change character or spread, I'd ignore 'em.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff