red bumps under ring finger
I am an RN who works in a hospital and I have to wash my hands multiple times a day.  Over the last few months I have had a problem with red itchy bumps under my wedding rings.  Once it started I took the rings off and it eventually went away not before the skin cracked and still was extemely itchy.  Once I put my rings back on it starts all over again.  You can even see a definitive line where my wedding rings sit.  The bumps are all along the line of the rings.  PLEASE HELP!!!  I have tried  Bacitracin and hydrocotisone creams, they do nothing!!!  Thanks...
You need a stronger cream than hydrocortisone.  It sounds as though you have contact dermatitis caused by soap and water building up underneath your rings.  You'll need to see a doctor to have the proper cream prescribed.  Then do what you can to minimize hand washing and/or buildup under your rings.  You'll likely have to use the prescribed cream from time to time anyway, given what you do for a living.  But I don't believe the composition of your ring--gold, presumably--has anything to do with it.  (In other words, you're not allergic to marriage....)

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Dermatologists in your area?