red bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red bumps

i have little red bumps all over my chest, neck, back, face, and spreading down to my stomach does anyone no what it could be?  This is not the first time i have gotten it and last time i went to the doctors they didnt know what it was.
I believe it's folliculitis.
It started off small in the center of your chest, then slowly spread to your neck upper back shoulders right?
Yeah, i might not be folliculitis but i highly doubt it.
I'm not a doctor or dermatologist i just have the same symptoms as you.
Get a biopsy to find out what it it.

Love, Nina 15.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but after reading the description of the bumps and their periodic reoccurrence ,I feel that they can be folliculitis,lichen planus or hives.

Folliculitis esp pityrasporum folliculitis produces red, itchy pustules on the back and chest and sometimes on the neck, shoulders, upper arms and face. It's caused by the yeast-like fungus.

The rash of lichen planus is mostly found on the upper torso but can sometimes involve the face.Treatment involves oral and injected corticosteroids in the bumps.PUVA (psoralens plus ultraviolet A) is also helpful.

Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get yourself evaluated for these three.Folliculitis and hives respond well to corticosteroids(oral and topical) and antihistaminics.
I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Warm regards