red burning rash lower leg.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red burning rash lower leg.

Yesterday I developed a rash about mid way up the lower part of my  front leg. It occurred about 1 hour after cycling and right after I was in a community hot tub. It started with no pain. I just looked down and happened to notice it was there. It is about twice the size of a silver dollar red in color and blotchy.  It has now been 24 hours and while the rash hasn't changed it is now quite sore a burning sensation. which is getting much  more intense. While cycling I wasn't in any bush (therefore I don't suspect poison ivy or an insect bite) Is it possible I picked up something from the hot tub?
Well the diagnosis from my doctor is that I was bitten by a poisonous spider likely a yellow sac. put me on a course of internal and external antibiotics for several weeks.

It can be due to insect bite or cellulitis skin. Cellulitis is an infection of the deep subcutaneous tissue of the skin. It can be caused by normal skin flora or by exogenous bacteria. Get an evaluation done from a dermatologist as you may need oral antibiotics.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your help. My doctor prescribed an antibiotic cream and tetracycline (doxycycline) which I've been using for a week and it has cleared up.Although he didn't test he thought it was likely caused by a spider or tick bite( with the risk of Lyme disease). .