red burning swollen knuckles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red burning swollen knuckles

my knuckles on my feet and hands turn red and start burning really badly and then they sweel up heaps. it stays for ages and then goes away for a little bit but then comes back again. it happens to both feet and both hands but i cant see bites on all of them. there is only one little bite on the side of my right hand it looks like a mosquito bite. after they burn and swell up they stay puffing for a while. i cant bend my fingers when it happens and i cant walk very well when it happens to my feet. this has been happening only for the last 2 days today was the worst. if you can help me it would be very appreciated.
For such knuckles swelling, mycobacterial infection, Gout, Knuckle pads, rheumatoid nodules etc need to be ruled out. The other causes can be insect bites, infection or kidney or cardiac causes. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a physician and get all these causes ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.