red circles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red circles

After taking a shower I have red circles without any pain or itching on my back, shoulders and arms. It is like someone has beaten me. what is it?
Two possibilities are there. It can be pityriasis rosea or hives. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.