Dermatology Community
red dots on breast
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red dots on breast

i recently found what looked like a small pimple on my breast and continue to pop it.  After i did this, however, I noticed what looks like little dots of blood appearing under the skin right around the area I had just squeezed.  Is this something that will go away with time?  should i be worried?  I was on my period at the time it happened.  I don't know if that matters...
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
The dots of blood beneath the skin would be the areas where you exerted pressure while squeezing. This could have caused the breakage of superficial capillaries on the surface of the skin. These pin-like spots are called petechiae.

Petechiae are pinpoint flat round red spots under the skin surface caused by intradermal hemorrhage (bleeding into the skin). Petechiae are red because they contain red blood that has leaked from the capillaries into the skin. Petechiae are quite tiny (less than 3 millimeters in diameter) and do not blanch when pressed upon.

The common causes of petechiae include local injury and trauma. This will clear in about ten to fifteen days. The blood in this area will undergo chemical changes and this can cause these spots to keep cahanging color. This is a normal phenomenon.
Drugs and other medications are not required but you could apply an antiseptic cream on the spots till they clear.

ref:http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=4853
Blank
almost all of the women in my family have petechiae.  we all developed it after giving birth.  taking Fish Oil will help reduce the appearance :-)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...