red dots on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red dots on skin

Over time I have developed red dots, first a few, nor there are beginning to cover my legs, upper arms and so on..........bigger ones on my stomach. I thought it had something to do with menopause? Now i relaize it is probably a bit more involved. Any ideas...............?
'Campbell De Morgan spots' relating to  getting a little 'older'!(Middle age). Do chek with your doc.
If the red dots are appearing all of a sudden then get the possibilities of contact dermatitis or allergic reaction and pityriasis rosea ruled out. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

Initially, a primary plaque, called a herald patch, is seen. Then it is followed by a distinctive, generalized rash 1-2 weeks later. The rash lasts approximately 2-6 weeks and is found in a Christmas tree pattern over the trunk and abdomen.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.