red dry pimple looking rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red dry pimple looking rash

my daughter is three and about a week ago she developed a rash on her stomach around her belly button and on the insides of her legs.  They would get really dark red and looked almost like ringworm and then they would get lighter and almost go away.  The kids at her daycare have bumps on their hands and inside their mouths bur her bumps don't look like theirs.  Two days ago she started running a fever, headache and sore thoart so I took her to the doctor and he said she probably had strep throat because it was going around the community.  I started giving her amoxycillian and now the rash is back and has spread a little and they are really red and look almost like a scaly hive.  Did not know if this was part of strep throat or not they say the rash with strep is on the neck and comes after your throat starts to hurt?  It seems with her she got the rash first then the fever and sore throat.  Just wondered what it was!