red dry round and oval spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red dry round and oval spots

About 2 months ago I started to get these little red patches of skin that are round and oval and dry, they really dont itch there on my shoulder, leg, foot, hands, back and even one showed up on the palm of my hand.  A first my boyfriend thought it might be ringworm.  I dont have a clue?  All I know is that more keep showing up and they are not going away like I was hoping. I seen that another person on here has had that same issue. Wonder if she ever found anything about what was wrong?  Any Ideas?
From the symptoms they look like pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful in case there is any pruritus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.