red hard spot on leg

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red hard spot on leg

i have a hard red raised spot on the lower part of my leg, about the size of a half dollar. it almost looks like a burn. it does not itch or hurt.  i 've had it about 4yrs.i went to the doc. he told me the name and also wrote it for me i forgot the name and can't read doctors hand writing. lol.he gave me clobetasol but seem not to work. can someone help?
  • knots (1 replies):
    I am 39yrs old, I have small little knots that comes and...[more]
  • Help please (1 replies):
    Not too sure what this is? painful marks on the lower le...[more]
  • my wife has arash on legs (1 replies):
    my wife has a rash on her legs and on her foot.the rash ...[more]
  • knots under skin (1 replies):
    i m 27 years old and i have knots under the skin of my w...[more]
  • skin (1 replies):
    skin condition, leg feels itchy and now have some kind o...[more]
This red hard spot on leg can be erythema nodosum. It results in reddish, painful, tender lumps most commonly located in the front of the legs below the knees.

Diagnosis is by physical examination and biopsy of the lesion. Other lab investigations like complete blood count, ESR,ASO titer, urinalysis, throat culture, intradermal tuberculin test, and chest x-ray may also be done.

I would recommend a physician/dermatologist’s evaluation.Treatment depends on the confirmation of diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.