red itchy burning watery bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red itchy burning watery bumps

I have had a problem with watery bumps appearing on my fingers for years they would appear as watery bumps that itched and burned like crazy then would blister and the skin on my fingers would blister and split is was so very painful but I got treatment for it and it doesn't bother me as much the bumps still appear from time to time but my doctor gave me a very strong steroid cream and some pills for the itching and I just try my best not to scratch or rub them when they start to itch and it goes away after a few hours. But last week my 2 year old son came home from the park and I noticed he had those same watery red bumps all over his hands it didn't seem to bother his so I didn't panic, then the next day my 16 year old daughter had the same problem and she said here hands itched and burned and there were those red watery bumps under her skin on her hands all over her hands the back and the palms, the next day my 11 year old son came to me with the exact same problem but his are watery bumps mainly in between his fingers and on the palms what could this be? It seems odd to me that my children are having the same symptoms that I have struggled with for so may years and for it to seemingly spread to each of them day after each other this seems very odd. Please someone help me I would feel horrible knowing my children are going through exactly what I have been that is a terrible thing to deal with expecially for my 2 year old.
From the symptoms your symptoms are suggestive of pompholyx but from your children’s symptoms, hands, foot and mouth disease also needs to be ruled out. It is caused by Coxsackie’s virus. Symptoms of fever, poor appetite and sore throat can appear three to five days after exposure. A blister-like rash on the hands, feet and in the mouth usually develops one to two days after the initial symptoms.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for your response. My children are doing fine now, the symptoms went away just as they came my two year old got the bumps first, then my 16 year old got them about two days later then my 11 year old got them two days after my 16 year old and the bumps went away in the same way the youngest child bumps went away first then in two days the 16 year old then two days after that the 11 year old went away they had no other symptoms other than the bumps. But I did notice the 11 year old is the only one that got them on his feet which got really irritated once he started scratching them so I advised him not to scratch at all and he had no more problems. I did allow him to use the ointment that was prescribed to me when it started to itch and he had no more problems then it just went away. I really didn't get that.  Thank you again.