red itchy rash in the hairline of pubic area.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

About two 1/2 weeks ago I developed a red itchy rash in the hair-line of my pubic area. The rash began by waking me up late one night and then seemed to appear by morning.  The rash appeared light red or pink at first and then turned darker over a few days.  At first it was about the size for a quarter and expanded to about 3 quarters in length within the hairline. It dose itch but not all the time and sweating dose appear to make it itch.
On Monday afternoon the rash started to itch and I had to wash it a couple of times.  In between washing I noticed a new rash site just below my belly button about the size of a quarter. Last night the itching returned and by morning I had had another quarter size rash site by below my belly button.
The rash is flat, no blisters, open scabs or beaks in skin. The antifungal and hydrocortisone creams don
-7 Comments Post a Comment

This could be due to some bacterial infection/ fungal infection or dermatitis or eczema, etc.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

It would be best to consult a doctor about the symptoms if they do not resolve and get a proper clinical examination.

Keep the area clean and wear clothes washed in a few drops of chlorhexidine preferably and dried in the sun.Maintain good personal hygiene and wear lose comfortable clothes. Apply calamine lotion at the sites ,and take oral antihistamine medications like loratadine or cetrizine for the itching.

Let us know about what your doctor advises and how you are doing.

Regards.