red,itchy skin.
Just yesterday sround 12pm i started itching really bad on my arms.i thought it was just anormal itch.then i looked at my skin because it wouldn't stop itching, and noticed it was had red spots all over my arm.so it stoped for a little while then i started itching on my thighs.then it spread to my legs, and just about every where else. i'm not sure whats causing this but it is driving me crazy and i'm not sure whats going on should i go see a doctor if it doesn't go a way. i tried taking a shower and washing my body but that didn't seem to help. i no i have really sensative skin. and have recently started using a new body wash(Dove) but i didn't use it today when i showered and still itching and skin is very red. sometimes it burns first before it itches. it's so weird i have never had anything like this happen to me. please help.
It can be due to contact dermatitis, allergy or dermatitis skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps. Also do not apply any cosmetic and use a mild soap like Dove.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

my skin is still itchy but not as bad as it was.how every to days after i wrote the above incident my throat started swelling up and hurt real bad so i went to see a doctor and was put on some kind of medication for severe allergies,and skin conditions.my throat is better but my skin is still the same.i have washed my body with dove after finding out thats not what was causing my skin to itch so bad.i have also taken benadryl.i haven't been using any makeup or anything else on my skin that will bother it as i suffer from acne very bad and always have.so if it doesn't go away with in the next couple days i am going to go back to see a doctor.and thanks for the advice.