red marks on neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red marks on neck

Hi, I just have a quick question.  For about a year I have had 2 matching red patches on each side of my neck about an inch below my ears.  I do not wear jewelery or glasses so I know that it is not irritation from something like that.  They are a little tender to the touch and look like hickeys or bruises but they are not.  Any ideas???
If these red spots are non itchy then it is unlikely that they are due to hives or urticaria. They need to be biopsied because they have been presenting for the past one year and have not changed in size or spread. I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get a biopsy done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you and I very much appreciate the response. They are not itchy so I will definitely go get them checked.  Thanks again.