Dermatology Expert Forum
red painful sores

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

red painful sores
I have red painful sores on my legs that look like bugs bites, we called oreck we don't have bugs or bed bugs, the sores don't itch but are very painful and when it heal it turn a dark purple color. Please help
I don't know where you live, but it's possible that you got bites outdoors.  It's also possible that these are not bites but folliculitis--clogged pores.  A third possibility is that you're picking at them.  I advise you to apply an antibiotic cream like bacitracin or neosporin (over-the-counter), to absolutely leave the spots alone, and to arrange an in-person visit with a skin doctor for definitive diagnosis and treatment suggestions, if any.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff