red patch with pain

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red patch with pain

Am a 34 yr old male. I hav red patch on my abdomen 15 cm above the belly button,i hav pain and warmth over this patch. i hav severe pain in my palm if i lift objects even  with less weight r if i clap ....i also develop redness in my palm with associated pain. i take cetrizine and this relieves these symptoms for 3 days then again i experience them....i hav this for 5-6 months.i live in an area where one could find many parthenium plants.can u tell me what could be probable cause for this????also tell me the name of this condition?pls give som ideas to tackle this....
Whenever there is redness, pain and warmth over an area of skin the first possibility that needs to be explored is of any bacterial infection. I suggest you to get a blood culture and if need arises a skin biopsy of the red patch done to confirm the diagnosis. If bacterial infection is confirmed then you may need a course of topical and oral antibiotics.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.