Dermatology Community
red pinprick rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red pinprick rash

I have a red pin ***** itchy rash for the last week that has covered my forearms and has now spread to my upper arms, It does not produce blisters, or sores, it does not flake off or look like dry skin..... it looks more like someone took a red pen and placed tiny dots all over my arms that are slightly raised and itch like crazy. I have taken benadryl with no relief and have used a steroidal cream that has not helped either. I am at a loss..... please help.
Related Discussions
Hi,

I suggest you have this assessed initially by your primary physician. A fungal infection, an allergic reaction or a vascular reaction may cause the skin conditions. The dermatitis and fungal infections may help explain the itchiness. Vascular conditions called petechiae or purpura due to decrease in platelet count may also present as small pinpoint like rash.

I do not want to alarm you since this is just a differential and has been present for the last week without progression. It will help though if you will be assessed along this line. A complete blood count with a platelet count will readily help out decrease in platelet levels which may also present as a rash.

Have you been travelling recently?

Have you been taking any medications  for the condition?

Any recent rash or flulike symptoms?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank