red/purple blotches on arm and face?
1-2 years ago I got these red/purple blotches on my upper arm and it's always present but the severity differs from day to day, I took picuters of my arm to show you but this has been worrying me because my health overall has been bad but I haven't got any answears, I've lost over 40 pound last year and a half and that's just very unlike me because I´ve always been overweight no matter what and all of sudden it's not like that any more, I just can't eat much any more, I always just seem to be able to eat small amounts at a time.

My symptoms are all so non specific I think that doctors don't have a clue what's wrong so I was wondering if you have any idea?
Here is another pictures of it http://oi51.tinypic.com/dws6xd.jpg
In geographical tongue, there are irregularly shaped red, map-like smooth swollen patches on the tongue. There is no pain but burning or irritation of the tongue is common, particularly with hot or spicy foods.
Topical corticosteroids may also be helpful for occasional use eg. triamcinolone in dental paste applied several times a day when required. For this you need to consult a pediatrician or a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Sorry replied to an earlier post first. From the symptoms the possibility of discoid lupus and lichen planus need to be ruled out. Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules (flat spots) or rashes. It is an itchy papular eruption characterized by its violaceous color.
Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids, retinoids, hydroquinone and phototherapy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.