red purple itchy bruise-like spots on legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I found tiny red-purple spots in patches over my legs, at first I thought it was merely a heat rash but the skin isn't as raised or irritated and seems to be surrounded with bruises. It's itchy but not as much so as a heat rash. I wondered if it were meningitis however that isn't meant to be itchy. has anybody got a clue to what it is, I'm probably being silly but it's getting me a little worried. thankyou.  
From the description of your symptoms it can be lichen aureus or pigmented purpuric dermatitis. It presents as discolored, purple pin point rashes usually on the lower legs which itch. A skin biopsy helps to confirm the diagnosis of a pigmented purpuric eruption.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.