red/purple palms and feet soles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red/purple palms and feet soles

my palm and feet soles are red/orange/purple.. and they are very dry. my hand peel occationally and when its warm outside my hands get very hot, they are almost always hot. but when its warm outside they burn,
i swett alot also mostly on my hands. now i dont care so much about the swetting part cause its not so much that it bothers me. but the part that i care about it the color of the palms. the skin is different, its hard and you see the prints in the skin very clearly. im 16 right now and i dont want to have this problem any more i would do anything att all to not have a wierd color on my palm so they look normal
kind regards jacob..
From the symptoms Raynaud’s disease needs to be ruled out. It is a vascular disorder that affects blood flow to the extremities which include the fingers, toes, nose and ears when exposed to temperature changes or stress.

Nonpharmacologic interventions should be considered first: keeping warm, smoking cessation and performing regular exercise. Advice should be given about avoiding injury to the digits, moisturizing dry skin and avoiding drugs known to exacerbate RP such as cocaine, ergotamine, clonidine or cyclosporine. If the symptoms are severe then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep us posted on how you are doing.