Dermatology Expert Forum
red raised itchy skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

red raised itchy skin

for the past 4 months on and off i get red bumps all over my skin the most being 15-20 bumps at a time all over my backside chest and legs and arms they are not contagious and i have not switched soaps they itch alot and they leave my skin with scars
Lottie:

Hard to say.  They may be nothing more than blocked pores.  If they persist and bother you, you ought to show them to a dermatologist.  

Best.

Dr. R
Lottie,

Lottie,

Lottie,
same here.. I also have your symptoms of bumps on my skin.  it started off as being abt 15-20 like you.. but now these past two days it has spread to my whole torso area and upper legs and arms.  Mine are also itchy but not contagious..
blocked pores? as in dirty skin? or dead cells?
like lottie I to have small red bumb on my skin, which seem to appear when I'm stressed or tired. But I'm also diabetic is this a reaction because my sugar level is to high or could it be stress?
Did anyone ever think these may be what is called Groves disease?
i have been on acyclovir off and on (mostly on) for about ten years. Over the past year and half i have developed a rash over my shouders, chest, and upper back. it looks worse after showering. Itching is mild to non-existent. I have asked my prescribing physician if he heard of any drug reactions to longterm acyclovir and the response was no. Could this be erythema multiforme and if it is what can I do about it?
DOCTOR I HAVE RED ITCHY BLOTCHES ON MY ANKLES RIGHT ARM AND A COUPLE ON MY BACK AND SOULDER THEY STARTED ABOUT SIX WEEKS AGO THEY  ARE VERY JTCHY BUT I ONLY SCRATCH THEM ABOUT ONCE A DAY AND AT  NIGHT WHEN I SLEEP THEY SOMETIMES WAKE ME UP WHEN THEM SPOTS DIE I GET NEW ONES I NOTICE RED MARKS AT FIRST
I recently attempted to quit smoking and I tried the Nicorette gum(4mg).  The only bad thing is that I was still smoking when I had the desire, which felt like all the time.  A few days prior to me starting on the gum I noticed that I had a itchy, red, blotchy rash on my right arm and other parts near it looks like pimples.  I have tried every cream, bacitracin, triple antibiotic ointment, you name it and I tried it.  I just want to know what it couls be?  I still continue to smoke, and I think it could be a nicotine rash, is this possible.  Please help!!
Doctor or anyone,

I have had body sores for 10 yrs. I am cover with scabs, but continually get new ones. I start to dry up and heal if I am on an antibiotic for something else. Some are excema and now they seem to be acne-e regular pimple right on the front of my leg,etc. I had a syringomyelia bleed in 1986 and my cyst is gone. Could it be neoruexcema???some dr. mentioned something like that once. Drs. have never seen anyone like me?

Thank you,
Mary
i was diagnosed with sarcoidosis over 20 years ago and a few times in these years i have broken out in very itchy bumps as big as hives but they were not hives.  the bumps were very hard were raised about 1/8 to 1/4 of an itch above my skin level.  
i noticed that i would get a very nervous, energetic feeling before an outbreak.  i would feel like i was losing my mind and my reactions to others was very uncharacteristic and nasty. it was very strange.  my doctor told me that it was just another side effect of the sarcoid.  i think it is hormonal because a few times i have felt it coming on was right before menstruation. i would take my medicine before hives erupted.  usually a tranquilizer or sinequin (liquid sediative).
i have shingles  how can i take care of it
I have had itchy skin for aproximately 4 years now, starting in the summer time so naturally I thought it might have been a heat rash  but it started from the middle of my back and then it would spread to my shoulders and on the top of my arms,so ever since I have been getting these itchies ever since. I get woken up by this and it feels like something biting me, so to cut the story short I end up scratching myself to the point it ends up as a scab and then it turns into scarring. Can you help?
I have had the same syptoms (symptoms) now for almost three years, my doctor put me on predisone and it would almost clear up but when it came time to decrease the dosage, the spots [ red raised bumps would come back.]  I quit seeing the doctor, after no cure or digoniss was found. I also had changed brands of cig.  to pure tobacco.    my doctor said  my condition looked like a drug related condition,   only drugs i took was the cig.                   I now have been bathing with pert shampoo,  the condition seems to be slowly going away,in the last six months.
many of those descriptions sound like scabies,i had a similar condition and repeated applications of lindane(human topical doses)finally cleared it up