red raised patches on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red raised patches on face

I have these rad raise patches on my face and forhead. It started as a small patch on my forhead in 1997. today my forhead is riddled with these patches. i am 56 years old. I have been to a dematoligist and the only thing they could tell me is "its not cancer". this was in 1998. i revisted  the skin dr in 2000 and they still had no answers. i have terribal insurace now and have to wait for referals  and aprovals and all that. hydro cream from dr had no effect im at a loss. it is getting worse. it is painless but killing my self confidence. its getting so i dont want to go out in public.  please help
These red patches can be due to seborrheic dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis. Another possibility would be discoid lupus erythematosus. I suggest you to get a biopsy of the skin scrapings from the  face done so that diagnosis can be confirmed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.