Dermatology Community
red raised patches on face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red raised patches on face

I have these rad raise patches on my face and forhead. It started as a small patch on my forhead in 1997. today my forhead is riddled with these patches. i am 56 years old. I have been to a dematoligist and the only thing they could tell me is "its not cancer". this was in 1998. i revisted  the skin dr in 2000 and they still had no answers. i have terribal insurace now and have to wait for referals  and aprovals and all that. hydro cream from dr had no effect im at a loss. it is getting worse. it is painless but killing my self confidence. its getting so i dont want to go out in public.  please help
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
These red patches can be due to seborrheic dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis. Another possibility would be discoid lupus erythematosus. I suggest you to get a biopsy of the skin scrapings from the  face done so that diagnosis can be confirmed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources