red rash all over face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red rash all over face

Hi I have a red rash all over my face with little bumps. It is dry and do not know what it is. it looks like i might have an allergic reaction to something. I use dior face make up and their pressed powder. I use cetaphil for a face wash and their facial cream. My skin is very sensitive and have been trying different types of stuff to help heal it. If anyone can help please let me know. Also if any advice of which make up might be better for my skin. Thanks!!
Tags: red rash, red rash w/bumps
It can be due to contact dermatitis or allergic reaction. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing