red rash on back
About a week ago I got a strange skin rash or infection on my back, Its sore and a little painful,  It has delevoped small blisters. Its about the size of a half dollar.  Any ideas what it could be? it dosent seem to be going away.
Grouped vesicles on a erythematous base. I would put it as 'herpes zoster'.
It looks like herpes zoster rash. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

Treatment of shingles includes antiviral drugs, steroids, analgesics and anti viral eye drops.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.