red ring with white center on torso

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red ring with white center on torso

I'm a 32 year old white male. Since yesterday I saw on my stomach area a weird rash. It is a single red ring of about 1cm or less in diameter and the center is of regular white skin color though. There is no bite mark, it doesn't itch, it doesn't feel scaly or different to the touch and there is no bump, it is a flat mark. It blanches upon pressure.

upon an initial search I stumbled upon the lyme disease and the ringworm, but it doesn't look much like either. It could look like a small bullseye rash but there is no red bite mark in the center.

anyone have any idea what it could be?

also for a few months now I've been getting another strange rash in my forearms mostly. I feel a slight itch or a needle sting sensation and soon after a tiny pimple appears, which if I even slightly tamper with a round bruise mark develops around it. The pimple disappears in a couple of days but the bruise mark stays for longer, in a couple of cases a slight hyperpigmentation mark has been left there for over a month now. I don't get lots of these pimples but maybe 2-3 a week. It could be folliculitis or staph but the pimples are really small and disappear quite fast. Very strange stuff... any ideas??

none of these has me worried enough to get my lazy bum to a dermatologist yet, but I'd still like to know what I could be up with if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks a lot.
I would still ask this question in the Lyme community.  These are people who are familiar with all the variations of what the bulls eye rash looks like.  Also, be aware that you don't always have to have had a tick bite to contract Lyme disease.
This red ring could have been due to dermatitis skin or bull’s eye rash if there is a history of tick bite. It is less likely to be due to ringworm which presents with itching on the area. The other possibility is of granuloma annulare. Granuloma annulare is a chronic disease consisting of rings arranged in a circle. It presents as small, firm bumps (papules) over the backs of the forearms, hands, or feet.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have the same thing on my stomach!! Kind of worried.. We had a tick problem couple weeks back and I found at least 3 on me. Big red dot with a white center, &the white center looks dry.. What could this be ?
-pat