red scratch-like rashes on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red scratch-like rashes on skin

Last night I noticed a long, thin, red raised line, (resembling a scratch), wrapping around the side of my torso.  There were about 7 or 8 other similar ones on my chest, arm, and stomach.  They were different lengths and some of them were in a pattern that looked like scratches from the nails of an animal.  They do not itch and I did not scrape, injur, or scratch myself in these areas at any time in at least a week.  This morning there are more of them, on my arms, shoulder, upper thigh, and torso areas. 1 or 2 of them have a "criss-cross" pattern like "tic-tak-toe" or like a lattice pattern. I have found where several people on the internet have tried to describe the same type of rash-like characteristics, some with pictures, but there doesn't seem to be any follow-up or resolution as to what this is or what is causing it.  I haven't had a fever and I feel normal in all other respects with the exception of a mild headache, which may or may not be related.  

Has anyone figured out or found out what this might be?

This discussion is related to rash that looks like a scratch?.
Tags: Rashes, Skin
I just discovered I have a set of these scratches on my stomach. one does cris/cross but the other three are curved parallel lines. I can't find anything on the internet as to what these might be either. Very odd and a bit frightening.
I have had the same scratchlike markings/rash for about a week now. I dont recall being in the woods or anywhere I could have picked it up at.  At first they did not itch but after about 2 days the itch was unbearable.  Thinking it would go away on its own, I did nothing, and of course it got worse and spread.  I started putting calamine lotion on and it helps a little.  I went to the doctor today and she said it was poison sumac/thunderwoods.  She gave me some cream to get it cleared up and said to try not to scratch at it because that is what will make it spread worse.  She also said I could have gotten it from my work which is a vetrinarian hospital.  Might have rubbed off of some dog or something.  So now I wait and see if it gets better...I hope so, because it is driving me insane!
I've had same for almost a year now it last for about an hour before it disappears on its own without any medication.
Surprisingly no one has ever come up with appropriate diagnosis or cure.
My guess is scabies.  Why the derms can't seem to diagnose this is beyond me.