red sensitive skin on penis shaft

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red sensitive skin on penis shaft

Okay I had sex with a questionable girl about a week ago. about Tuesday i had an itch on the under lower shaft of my penis. I may have scratched a little to hard and aggravated it (i distinctley remember being erect when i scratched it as well so maybe the skin was taunt and easier to mangle). Question is the skin is pretty painful right now and tender. its pronouncedly red and a bit of a worry. I did use a condom with her but now read that herpes can even transfer via the skin not covered by the condom.
Heres the question on that. When flacid it appears the redness is at the very base of my penis where the condom may not have covered BUT when erect its in the middle of the shaft where i know the condom would have covered it. If its any concellation i showered with anti bacterial soap about 15 minutes after sex as well since im a germaphobe, dont know if that would even help but it made me feel better.
There are no bumps and no fluids coming out of it but yesterday after noon i did notice a small what looked to be cut and squeezed it and some blood came out. there were actually two tiny looking paper cuts which could be cracking of the skin i am not sure. Im afraid to have sex with anyone else at the moment because of this.
would any STDs show up as a red patch on the lower shaft of a penis with no growths or such? Could this be an itch i just scratched too hard from razor burn (i shave down there since i do have some hair growth on my lower shaft)
i have had razor burn itch before but never noticed an overly red spot. I am going to my doctor possibly tomarrow for a back problem and was thinking of running this past him. as for the last two days i have been putting antibiotic and aloe on it to try and speed any sort of healing but it is to soon to tell i think.
okay i am new here so dont know how the forum actually works. i wanted to update but dont know how to edit. plus maybe this will bump my pst and shed some light.

went to the docs today and she didnt know what it was to be honest. she gave me a script for some herpes pills and took a swab but said since it looks just like a dry skin patch with no bumps or discharge she couldnt be sure and since there was no discharge there was a 50 50 shot at the swab being accurate anyway.

she honestly seemed as boggled as me. she said if i react to the pills then its possible it could be herpes but then again it may be a rash that just goes away anyway.

man im stumped. she hit it with alchohol before the swab and let me tell you that burned like crazy. I took a photo and would be willing to put it up but am unsure of the photo rules here. getting a bit worried at this point.

thanks
From the symptoms it looks like chafing skin to me but since the risk of STD’s is there, it is wise to get a complete std panel test done. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

test swab came back negative. I only took one pill that day because i ended up putting the aloe on it like 3 more times that day and by the next day it was already gone. Im a pretty itchy person noramlly and have very sensitive skin but that scared the bajesus out of me.

i think im fine but the doc said if anything comes back then let her know.