Dermatology Community
red skin from after drinking alcohol
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red skin from after drinking alcohol

after i drink any kind of alcohol my face turns red, it looks like i have sun burn.  if i continue to drink more my neck and chest get splochy red.  it doesn't matter what kind of alcohol i drink, it even happens after i have just 2 drinks.  why does this happen?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

You are suffering from alcohol intolerance. Alcohol can cause a variety of immediate adverse effects on the body, including headache, rapid heartbeat, nausea or vomiting, heartburn, abdominal pain, nasal congestion, or warm, red, itchy skin.

Many people of Asian descent experience an unusual flushing reaction after drinking alcohol — even in very small amounts. This is caused by a genetic disorder in which the body is unable to break down alcohol completely. Some research suggests that people who experience alcohol flush reaction may be at increased risk of alcohol-related conditions, such as cancer of the esophagus and liver disease.

The only solution to all of these problems is to avoid alcohol.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alcohol-allergy/AN00818

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.
Blank
I have just begun experiencing bright red skin around my eyes after drinking one drink.  I have never had this until two weeks ago and I'm 43. Why is this just now happening?  I have drank alcohol for several years with no problems before now.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...