Dermatology Expert Forum
red skin on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

red skin on face

I have very few eyebrows, and the skin where they should be my skin is usually red, occaisonally a bit dry. It doesn't itch at all, and doesn't flake.

I have never been diagnosed with eczema, although my elbows and forarms do sometimes get very dry and a bit flakey.

It has been like this since I was a child I am told, and was wondering if there is anything I can do to bring down the redness, and ultimately, get my eyebrows growing back a bit!

Many thanks.
Do you play with your eyebrows, perhaps unconsciously?  That would explain redness and sparseness of the eyebrow hair.  I recommend that you pay attention to this possibility, and that you leave the area alone if rubbing is an issue.  Also, you should see a skin doctor for proper diagnosis.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
i am 19 years old......i have recently developed a red circular rash on my FACE that looks like ringworm but i KNOW its not......i had gone to the doctor and was treated for strep throat on 4/12/2006......they gave me a shot of anti-infamitory and prescribed me OMNICEF......as far back as i can remember i have never had any allergies to ANY medications what-so-ever....the next day i went to the dentist because of horrible pains.....they couldnt do anything because of infections so she prescribed me penicillin and 800 mg of ibuprofen.....i've been on BOTH of those from the dentist before for about 4/5 years so i have a feeling it cant possibly be that, i even told them that i was on OMNICEF before they prescribed penicillin and ibuprofen so it wouldnt be a problem.... THe called the doctor and told her and she said it was because i am mixing antibiotics and my body shouldnt have that many in my system, etc.

In which case i will stop takin the OMNICEF (like they said) and continue with the penicillin and so forth.....IN CONCLUSION this rash was at first just one and then another on the other side of my face as well........then they spread and kinda of look like hives.... now i just have red circular rashes SLIGHTY raised above the skin all over my face.....ive used almost EVERYTHING to get rid of it after i read about side effects or reactions...

PLEASE HELP!
concerned (soon to be military baby!
thanks a lot!!!!
I'm 15. I have red skin on my cheeks, and chin. Sometimes it fades a little, but sometimes it gets really bright, and covers more of my face. If I touch it, or put lotion on  it gets redder, and sometimes feels hot. It doesn't look like a rash, or sores, or anything like that, It's just red. My parents say my face has always been red, but in pictures where I'm little its not very bad. What is it?
A related discussion, Facial Redness? was started.