red spot at site of old mole
About 20 years ago I had a mole removed from my chest by freezing and scraping.  It was benign.  About 5 years ago it started to regrow and then a red ring formed around it and about 1-2months later the mole turned into a scab and fell off.  The red ring then disappeared.  Two months ago the spot of the old mole turned from flesh colored to light pink, then the red ring formed again.  This time the red ring has completely turned into a red circle including the mole spot, that burns and is slightly itchy.  I went to the doctor and she thought it looked like eczema, but referred me to a dermatologist who won't see me for 2 more months.  Does this sound like eczema?  Could it me skin cancer?
After having a mole removed, the chances of another mole developing in the same area are quite rare.
Did the initial mole removal have anything to do with medical reasons or was it only a cosmetic concern?

It may be a skin inflammatory lesion like eczema, but only a biopsy can really confirm it.
Eczema is a form of dermatitis, or inflammation of the upper layers of the skin. The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes which are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking etc.

The most common symptoms of skin cancer are:
1. A new growth on the skin.
2. A change in an existing skin growth.
3. A sore that does not heal.

Not all changes in the skin are symptoms of skin cancer. Most moles and other growths are harmless and do not need to be removed.
So, right now there is no cause for concern unless proved otherwise, by a biopsy.

ref:http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/skincancer/SC_symptoms.html

It was just a cosmetic concern.  If the doctor who did the shaving missed some of the mole cells, could that be what's growing back?