red spot on scalp under hairline

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red spot on scalp under hairline

5495735?1269302429
I just had my hair shaved down and the barber pointed out a good sized red blotch on my head. It is not itchy nor tender to the touch. It does not feel crusty or scabbed over. There does not appear to be any other spots either. I am beginning to be concerned but will be heading to the doctor ASAP. Any help would be welcome.
  • mouth sores (1 replies):
    what are blood blisters that mysteriously appear inside ...[more]
  • bump on lip (1 replies):
    i have a have pinkish, white bump on my lower lip. what...[more]
  • pyogenic granuloma (1 replies):
    Hello to all, I have a small question my son 5 years old...[more]
  • What is this.. (1 replies):
    About a year or 2 ago , This thing grew on my chest, and...[more]
  • zit? (1 replies):
    About a month ago I started getting what I thought was a...[more]
From the symptoms it looks like pyogenic granuloma. Pyogenic granuloma appears as an overgrowth of tissue to due irritation, physical trauma or hormonal factors. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.