red spots like protruding blood vessels on lip
Hi.  My 7 year old has had one large protruding red spot on top lip that if you pick drips blood like a tap.  He has recently developed two smaller ones on bottom lip.  If you pull the lip tight it sticks out.  It really looks like a bright red spot that protrudes.  The reason I am asking now is my other child aged 2 has also just developed two tiny red dots on lips that again look like the ends of blood vessels.  They do not look like spider nevi as no spider veins around the side, just red dot that sticks out.  It seems too much of a coincidencet that they both seem to have this.

Any ideas as I am worrying about this as these are my children!!
Its me the one that posted the question. Can i point you to the picture in this article as this is what my sons lip look like if you pull the lip back.  obviously this is black and white picture, but if you imagine it in colour and the bump being red..........

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1609693