Dermatology Expert Forum
red spots on eyelids

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

red spots on eyelids

I have had these red spots on both of my eyelids for at least six months now. They never itch or hurt, never any puss or leaking and they never get any bigger, they just seem to dry over and peel about once every couple of days but never go away. They seem to fade once in a while but never completely go away. I read that it could be a fungal infection from to much yeast so I stopped eating bread of any kind for a week and a half but no change.

There is one circular red spot under my right eyebrow and a bunch of red spots (like a cheetah pattern) under my left eye. I have also noticed some red spots starting recently on both sides of my face under the eyes, they also do not itch or hurt. Are they related? I read that baby shampoo may work if it was a fungal infection but I tried it a couple of times with no results at all. No fever or any other symptoms are present. My diet is very good, non smoker, non drinker and I work out five times a week and drink plenty of water.

So what can this be? Also, would applying neosporin help?
Dear siffredirules,

This rash could be anything ranging from porokeratosis to psoriasis. It is very early for me to label it as of now. I need to have a look at the lesions before commenting further.

Please upload a picture of the lesion so that I can comment further.
It is unlikely that neosporin will help as I do not think that this is a bacterial infection. Bacterial infections do not persist for so long,

Awaiting your response.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones

Best Regards,
Dr. Gaurang Krishna
The pic of the red spots is in my profile pictures.....
Dear siffredirules,

Thanks for getting back.

This looks like a chronic dermatitis process to me as the area looks thickened, darker and irritable. There are multiple causes of chronic dermatitis including allergies, eczema amongst others.

I would suggest that you get yourself examined by a dermatologist as a complete examination is important.  Your doctor may also consider getting one of the lesions biopsied to confirm the diagnosis. Do not apply anything other than moisturizing creams on the spots before consulting a dermatologist personally.

Best Regards
Dr. Gaurang Krishna