red spots on groin and inner thighs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red spots on groin and inner thighs

I noticed a small red spot on my stomach about 3 inches below my belly button and in about three days one became more but they were now on my pubic hair area and my inner thighs. there all individual spot some larger than others but none bigger than the size of a pea.the area does not itch that much but does itch like dry skin if rubbed.I thought it might be jock itch so I started using an anti fungal soap and lamisil 9 days ago but have had no change and have noticed if anything more spots. There doesn't seam to be any raising of the skin on or near the spots.I noticed the first spot about 2 days after returning from a trip in which I stayed in a hotel and did use the hot tub in the room. I do not notice any spots or sores of any kind on my genitals or any other part of my body other than my groin and inner thighs.I have searched the web for info and have found nothing that resembles my spots.Please let me know if you have any ideas. Also I have been married for over 7 years and have been with only her sexually since then and she has none of my symptoms but I am worried that I could give it to her ,so I would really appretiate any help. Thank you

It can be pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching. No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Thank you and is there any creme or over the counter medicine that would help to prevent irritating it ,and is it something that could be passed on to my wife by touch or intercourse. Again thank you and this is a great service.
The cause of pityriasis rosea is uncertain. Some doctors believe that pityriasis rosea is caused by a viral or bacterial infection but it is not contagious. So chances of you transmitting it to your wife are less.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

buy any new underwear lately?
Because it is where this happens, and sounds like ACD because of the red spots that are not raised, and they don't hurt or itch.
This is a common issue, this site is right full of this problem.
my 6month old son has red circles on the inner thigh. at first it looked like ring worm, yet we have no pets, i tried ringworn cream anyways didnt work. now they have one circle attatching them together. the circles are red but are purplish on the inside now im a bit worried. What could this be? he seems fine no temp no discomfort and they aren't too raised or rough

regards Francine