red spots on leg?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red spots on leg?

9009378?1365545319
i think these happened from shaving even my doctor said it probably did...this is my right leg, after shaving i noticed these red blotchy spots and they have been there for countless months maybe almost a year now? they dont go away and where i live there is no local dermatologist so i need help!! maybe u guys have OTC products to try...ive tried hydro cortisone, polysporin and another cream i use for my ezcema (eczema) flare ups...doesnt help them go away!! and my doctor just said use lotion and keep moisturized which doesnt do anything either...those are the only spots so what do i do?! thanks

fyi...the creams i tried were from like 2011 so maybe they're expired and not as potent??
and the spots are not itchy or bother me in any way other than the fact that they are bright red and wont go away!!
It can be due to hyperpigmentation after shaving. Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hi thanks for the reply..but i highly doubt its hyper pigmentation considering ive had it well over 6 months but it would be nice if i just had to wait a few months more then it'd disappear....my doctor has only told me to moisturize thats all so shes not very helpful and i cant go to another one but im willing to try different OTC products.
try Butt Aide at the dollar tree, cream for babies diaper rash, I had psoriasis for many years and it totally cleared me up. Let me know if it works for you. It's such a simple thing that works great.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers