red spots/skin tags
Hi-
I have some tiny red spots (1mm) on the head of my penis, and also some tiny flaps of skin that are flat and flexible also 1mm or so. i may have been exposed to hpv about 1 year ago, and am concerned. these red spots are only visible when the skin is pulled tight, and are asymptomatic. can anybody help? i dont know how long they have been there, because I only noticed them after i started getting paranoid.
any ideas?
thank you
i wouldnt worry about it if they are only visible when you pull the skin tight. The penis is a weird looking thing. If they dont itch and havent grown or spread i wouldnt lose any sleep over it. You are probably just being paranoid because i did the exact same thing awhile ago and the doctor pretty much laughed at me when i showed him i thought it was an std haha. Just to ease your mind, get it checked out though. stress can take years off your life.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be Fordyce spots,folliculitis,pearly penile papules,molluscum contagiosum or warts.

Follicles are a normal part of the skin's anatomy and are commonly found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin.

Fordyce spots are small,bright red or purple papules that can appear on the glans, shaft or scrotum and usually affect younger men.They may occur as a solitary lesion, but frequently appear in crops of 50 to 100. They are painless and not itchy, but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance.Pearly penile papules are multiple, small (about 1-3mm) papules running around the circumference of the crown of the glans penis.Molluscum appears as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug.Warts may be single or multiple, skin-coloured, pink or brown, with a moist surface and caused by HPV.

I feel that you should get these examined by a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.