red swollen feet legs, red rash itching burning

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have COPD and I have been taking prednisone 20 mg   one and a half to 3 a day. trying to stay at 1 1/2.  for the last 2 or so months my feet, mostly my right but lately again both feet and legs are swelling and getting a red rash on lower legs mostly.  the rash is not raised. Sometimes it burns and itches and sometimes there is pain in my feet and burning behind my knees.  It comes and goes, but my lung Dr. told me to take an extra Lasix when they swell like that.  I already take  ( 2 )   40 mg a day.  My primary wants to blame everything on my chronic lung condition.  
As if there couldn't be anything else wrong???  Don't quite understand that?  The last visit with my lung Dr he did blood work and said that I needed to follow up with primary because my sugar was up.  Yesterday, I got to see primary Dr and asked the girl to check my sugar and it was 192.  The time before that I checked at my cousins and it was 161.  My father was diabetic and heart problems. Died of heart attack at 51. both sisters had major heart attacks at a young  (50's) age but although one sister died and was shocked back, I am never checked for this at primary care Dr.  
It always about the lungs.  He also said that I more than likely had sleep apnea and ADHD,  I know that I need help and I really do like my primary, I have been seeing him for 10 years and YET he never even diagnosed me with COPD.  He called my condition Adult Asthma.  So I never knew till I could not work and had to go to lung Dr for tests for SSD.    CAN YOU HELP ME????  In my past I had a nervous breakdown and feel like I may have another one if I don't get some help.  It seems that he is always in a hurry and does not listen to me anymore.  He is 83 now. One man practice and 2 girls in the office,  One is receptionist and one is not really a nurse even.