red swollen lips, now peeling
Hello. For the past 6 months since my daughter was 6 months old, My lips have started swelling and turning red and burning/itching sometime at night, so that I wake up looking like a clown. after 2-3 days of this, they begin to peel completely away, even well below my lower lip onto my facial skin. The skin underneath is very red, and raw, and I cannot seem to keep chapstick on my lips, as they literally seem to SOAK it up within 5 minutes. I am at my wits end with this, I work in a Gym, and I have to face people all day long, not to mention my husband is afraid to kiss me during thes episode, for fear of catching whatver Ive got! I now take benedryl every night to try to stop the outbreaks, but it does nothing to help.

Thank you
I had this for months and it was driving me crazy.  I went to the dermatologist and she said it was kicked off by an allergy to my high blood pressure medicine, Cozaar.  I was taken off Cozaar, but my lips didn't recover.  It took 7 days of pregnisone to knock it out.  Even after that, the damage to the skin on my upper lip is still healing, 2 months later.  Before the pregnisone, she had me on an aquaphon ointment and an 2 1/2 HC ointment, no gum, no mints, no mouthwash, to flavored toothpaste, no gum, no mints, no salad dressing, to tomato, garlic, onion, citrus, peanut butter, potato, or berries.  No lipstick, no chips.  It didn't work; it helped, but didn't stop the peeling, which was driving me crazy.  I think she called the condition cheelitis,

Janet
I had the exact same thing. I looked in the mirror one day while brushing my teeth (after an allergist suspected toothpaste) and noticed the area affected was covered in toothpaste.
I switched toothpastes (was using Aim, now all natural JASON) and it went away within a day. After MONTHS of trying everything, that s all it took!

I would see an allergist and ask for a PATCH test (not a scratch test) so you can see what ingredient may bother you. They can give you a list of everything that contains it.
I have a condition where my lips are swollen and peeling it looks digusting. i put vaseline on it drys it up some areas are raw what should i do