redish swelling on tip of urethra

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

redish swelling on tip of urethra

hi i noticed when i got out of the shower that the tip of my urethra was swollen and a little red. i did masterbate before i got in the shower but didnt notice it until after when i was drying off. It does not burn when i pee or hurt in any kind of way. i have been having unprotected sex with my girlfriend regularly. she tested positive a little over 2 years ago for herpes, before we got together but has not had an outbreak for since i have been with her.

i also have had a problem with what i think is jock itch and athletes feet. It has been off and on for about 3 years now.

what could this possibly be......???someone help please.
One of the reason for such red and swollen urethra can be friction rub with clothes or during intercourse/masturbation. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist as urtheritis has to be ruled out. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.