redness after cold sore
i had a cold sore on my upper lip, it has been like half a year. Recover and coming back. Now no more cold sore, but it is a obvious redness on my lip. How can i get rid of it. It is really bothersome and start to spread to my lower lip. Am very worry and sad.
It can be due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Treatment using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.