Dermatology Expert Forum
reoccuring genital cysts
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

reoccuring genital cysts

i have had reoccuring genital cysts on my penis since i was 12 yrs old. these cysts produce a pus much like a blackhead, but never go away. these small cysts have grown in numbers over the years from the original 2 to to what is now probably hundreds.  sometimes they become inflamed and resemble sebacious cysts. these discharge a pus and become swollen and aggravated.  currently 1 of the original 2 cysts has exceeded any previous infections.  instead of being round it has swollen and spread over an area of about 1 square inch. it also branches out in a swollen vein type manner that is sore to the touch and inflamed.  the skin in this area is also very dry and flaky.  usually these cysts are filled with pus, but this one doesnt seem to discharge anything.  i am not squeezing it and waiting to see what happens but am frantically looking for a solution.  any solution. i am a healthy active uncircumsized 26 yr old male, but these cysts cause mental stress and affect my sexual relationships.  i have previously had 3 cysts removed.  the dermatologist did a biopsy and said there was a wart infection of some kind, but that the cysts were not std related. is there anything out there that could reduce these cysts in size, help contain further breakouts or remove existing cysts.  i was also wondering about a mass removal.  maybe removing the larger ones to prevent future breakouts.  i have read of people with my problem having success with salactol but there is a warning on the product about using it on your genital region. i am open to any suggestions.  i have private health care and am afraid to seek treatment without knowing if the doctor i see has any experience with this problem.  i live in glenwood springs colorado.  i can travel easily.  are there any dermatologists anywhere that would be able help me. in past i have been dismissed because the problem was "normal and healthy". i would be willing to try just about anything to make my penis more normal/manageable.