reoccuring red mark on face
Hello
I have had a small red mark on the upper part of my cheek below the left eye for around 3 months now.  This mark comes and goes, sometimes it gets little pimples but then these disappear within a day or so, sometimes it will get larger but within a few days is back to being small but persistently there.  The mark looks almost round (kind of like ringworm but it is not).  the mark will fade but never completely go away. The mark is never itchy or sore and apart from the fact I don't like it being there it does not affect me in any way. I went to my doctor specifically about it and she basically said 'interesting' shrugged her shoulders and said she didn't have a clue what it was.  She suggested I try Hydrozole.  I have been using this for 2 weeks now and there does seem to be an improvement in the fact it has not 'flared up' since using the cream, however, the mark is still persistent.  Previously I tried Derm-aid to no avail and then Colonea (anti fungal) with no results.

I tried using my husband's Diprosone but the skin reacted badly and was very red so I ceased this immediately, it was obviously too strong for a sensitive area.

Should I be a bit mor patient with the cream or request a referral to a skin specialist.  I work in a cancer centre so get very paranoid about anything that doesn't go away within a couple of weeks.

I understand you are worried about this. I suggest that you have this reassessed by a skin specialist. Based on your description this does not sound serious. It is likely a dermatitic skin condition. However, you have noted it to be persistent and quite unresponsive to some medications.

If you are wearing any cosmetics or creams on the face, make sure to use the ones with natural ingredients and those which are hypoallergenic or mineral based. If you have certain allergies before, then this may also be an allergic reaction. However, I would not suggest that you continue with corticosteroids for more than two weeks. Have this assessed by a dermatologist so that this may be further evaluated.
Hei
I have black mark on my nose, for around 1year and 3monhts now.