reoccurring blisters 5 years after spider bite??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

why do small blisters reoccur 5 years after a spider bite? The blood blisters reoccur on a yearly basis are sore and itchy and are on and around the original affected area. This time it made the arm swell and gave a track type mark up the arm. The Drs gave penicillin which helped the arm but not the blisters. The worry is the client has a malfunctioning heart and is pregnant with twins!! Drs are not giving the poor girl an explanation.Please help I am worried for her.
Avatar dr m tn
I can understand your concern. It is very surprising for a spider bite to present so long after the bite. I would advise a biopsy of the effected skin or culture of the fluid from the blisters to be done. During pregnancy most of the medications are contraindicated and hence diagnosis needs to be confirmed first before any line of treatment is decided.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Hi, I was bitten by a spider when I was in Belize, Central America. I was given an antihistamine injection which took away swelling to my face. This was about ten years ago and I still get recurring blisters every couple of months which are really itchy and sore. I thought it was a fungal infection. I showed a doctor who didn't know what it was, however I have recently read that the brown recluse spider bite displays these symptoms.
Hello, It has been 5 years since my bite. My bite was on my forehead next to my hair line and if I get a sun burn it reactivates the symptoms (swelling, blisters, itching, glands swelling). I was wondering if the were more people with the same problem. I went to the doctor today and she put me on Cleocin 300mg 4x's a day. I sure hope this works. This is getting old.
I get a reoccurring area of infection around one to two times a year. I too was bitten on the forehead by a spider, but it was 25 years ago! it is swollen with small blistery spots and itches.  My providers have usually treated it like it is a viral type reaction by giving me acyclovir oral and topical.  it usually affects my eyes with a severe pain.  I notice some fatigue as well and my immune system is usually down.  I would love to have an answer to this issue.  did the cleocin work for you?