reoccurring blisters 5 years after spider bite??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

why do small blisters reoccur 5 years after a spider bite? The blood blisters reoccur on a yearly basis are sore and itchy and are on and around the original affected area. This time it made the arm swell and gave a track type mark up the arm. The Drs gave penicillin which helped the arm but not the blisters. The worry is the client has a malfunctioning heart and is pregnant with twins!! Drs are not giving the poor girl an explanation.Please help I am worried for her.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I can understand your concern. It is very surprising for a spider bite to present so long after the bite. I would advise a biopsy of the effected skin or culture of the fluid from the blisters to be done. During pregnancy most of the medications are contraindicated and hence diagnosis needs to be confirmed first before any line of treatment is decided.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Hi, I was bitten by a spider when I was in Belize, Central America. I was given an antihistamine injection which took away swelling to my face. This was about ten years ago and I still get recurring blisters every couple of months which are really itchy and sore. I thought it was a fungal infection. I showed a doctor who didn't know what it was, however I have recently read that the brown recluse spider bite displays these symptoms.