reoccurring blisters 5 years after spider bite??
why do small blisters reoccur 5 years after a spider bite? The blood blisters reoccur on a yearly basis are sore and itchy and are on and around the original affected area. This time it made the arm swell and gave a track type mark up the arm. The Drs gave penicillin which helped the arm but not the blisters. The worry is the client has a malfunctioning heart and is pregnant with twins!! Drs are not giving the poor girl an explanation.Please help I am worried for her.
I can understand your concern. It is very surprising for a spider bite to present so long after the bite. I would advise a biopsy of the effected skin or culture of the fluid from the blisters to be done. During pregnancy most of the medications are contraindicated and hence diagnosis needs to be confirmed first before any line of treatment is decided.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Hi, I was bitten by a spider when I was in Belize, Central America. I was given an antihistamine injection which took away swelling to my face. This was about ten years ago and I still get recurring blisters every couple of months which are really itchy and sore. I thought it was a fungal infection. I showed a doctor who didn't know what it was, however I have recently read that the brown recluse spider bite displays these symptoms.
Hello, It has been 5 years since my bite. My bite was on my forehead next to my hair line and if I get a sun burn it reactivates the symptoms (swelling, blisters, itching, glands swelling). I was wondering if the were more people with the same problem. I went to the doctor today and she put me on Cleocin 300mg 4x's a day. I sure hope this works. This is getting old.
I get a reoccurring area of infection around one to two times a year. I too was bitten on the forehead by a spider, but it was 25 years ago! it is swollen with small blistery spots and itches.  My providers have usually treated it like it is a viral type reaction by giving me acyclovir oral and topical.  it usually affects my eyes with a severe pain.  I notice some fatigue as well and my immune system is usually down.  I would love to have an answer to this issue.  did the cleocin work for you?
You describe! what I go through each year! I too use Acyclovir 800 mg Iburophen 800. My Dr. thinks I have shingles.I am going through it right now 5/25/16, last outbreak was 9/2015. That's why I am researching. I cant recall getting a spider bite. been occurring once or twice a year and can't figure out what triggers it. Started spring of 2007. I am 44 year old male.
I got bit in 2006 whilst in Tunisia and every couple of years lots of blisters appear in the same place. The area is very itchy and looks a pinky red colour. I tend to get cold symptoms at the same time I dont no if this is linked. Mine has flared up once again today and Im hoping to be referred tomorrow to find out why. I have to have penicillin and a cream to make mine disappear for a few years. I have had swabs and been tested for all sorts with no luck at finding out what this is. Doctors tend to think its a fungal infection but tell me it looks like nothing they have seen before! If anyone has answers please let me know. Many thanks