ringworm & swollen lip node
Hey, I took my 11 yr old daughter to the doctor today & he said that she has a ringworm & an infected lip node coming from that. She complains that it hurts when she lays on it or when its touched & at times her head hurts, which im not sure is coming from that or not but i just dont know. I was just wondering what do you think of that? Is it common? Is it serious? what to expect? I mean so much comes mind that I cant even begin to start! please let me know all that you know about something like this.

Thanks so much,
A concerned mom
Tierra
Ringworm can cause regional lymphadenopathy. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by an infection which may be bacterial, viral or fungal in nature. Infection may also be associated with painful regional lymphadenopathy, especially in the inflammatory variants. Apply warm compresses on the lymph nodes and complete the treatment for ringworm as prescribed by your doctor. Once ringworm is treated, lymph nodes will come back to their normal size.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how your daughter is doing.

Hello Doctor-
   My daughter a series of ringworm on her leg. It took us several weeks to get it under control, and now, consistently using an antifugal cream (not a RX) it's clearing up. She had six ring worm on her right shin. Two weeks ago, I noticed a swollen lymph node on her neck, at the jawline, on the same side as the ringworm. It is painless, and has not gotten any larger over the last two weeks, but doesn't seem to be going away. Please tell me this is not lymphoma, but most likely a reaction to that sustained ringworm infection. Two ringworm patches were especially lymph filled, blistery and even somewhat puss filled. I have never know ringworm to be that intense, but now it's finally gone.Thank you so very much.

Jamie